Learning At Home
Helping your child with Maths at home should be fun – if it isn’t, then something is wrong! Here are some tips to help you:
- Listen to your child and pay attention if they tell you that:
- they are finding maths difficult
- they are not feeling sufficiently challenged
- the way you are trying to show them is not the way they have learned in school.
- Always approach your child’s teacher for guidance as a first step – they will have been observing your child’s learning style and should be able to explain the strategies your child is being taught in school and suggest things to try at home
Here are some resources that you may find helpful: