- How can I develop my understanding of the language needed to describe a cuboid?
- How can I measure accurately with a cm ruler?
- Ask pupils to bring in examples of empty cuboid-shaped packets from home.
- Discuss the vocabulary of measurement of the different dimensions.
- Work in teams to measure these accurately with a cm ruler and record the measurements.
- The objective here is to reuse and consolidate the language used in previous work on measurement.
- The context involves measurements in centimetres (and decimal centimetres if appropriate).
- There should be a strong focus on practical investigation and mathematical talk.